From the vendor:
Designed for Canadian college and university faculty & students, CAN-CORE is your go-to destination for current and relevant Canadian video content. Our streaming platform features quality programming from many of Canada's best producers. Educators and students now have an extensive library of Canadian resources to easily integrate into their lectures, labs, research and assignments.
We have designed CAN-CORE to be sleek and functionable. Easy-to-use on any mobile device. Access content when you need it from wherever you are. Features downloadable content and unique URL's which can be easily integrated into your catalogue. User-friendly searching and broad subject coverage.
- 100% Canadian content.
- Thousands of segments and full programs. AND GROWING!
- Searchable by subject area and by course.
- Mobile device friendly.
- Create a "favourites" list.
- New product added regularly.
- Embed codes for easy integration ito a LMS.
- Both segments and full-length programs are searchable.
- Closed Captioning.
- Downloadable content with expiry dates.
- Usage data and administrative console to manage your users.
- Advanced Keyword Search.
- Segments with searchable descriptions.
- Transcripts, Resource Guides, & lnfographics where available.
- Access anywhere, anytime.
- Stimulate and reinforce in-class teaching or introduce new topics
- Encourage open discussion, critical thinking & inquiry skills
- Create and share personalized play lists
McIntyre Media is over 50% of the way through captioning the titles in the Can-Core subscription. It is mostly the older titles that have not been completed, but they are continuing to work through all of the titles. They are using 3PlayMedia to provide the captions.
- Pop on method of closing captioning? Yes.
- Upper and lower case as appropriate? Yes.
- White lettering on a black bar or background? Yes.
- Ability to turn captioning on/off? Yes.
- 26 characters per line with 2 line maximum? Yes
- Identification of different speakers (for example, it is clear when a narrator is speaking vs. when a talking head is speaking)? No. From the vendor: "In some cases the speaker is identified but not all the time."
Downloadable and interactive transcripts are also available for all titles.
McIntyre Media's own proprietary platform
Embed codes are available for LMS integration. The codes can be found on every video page below the player window. For assistance, please contact the vendor directly. Contact information can be found in the Vendors directory in ERMA.
Currently not available, but the vendor has said they are currently working on them.