CanGeoRef is a bibliographic geoscience database that covers the Canadian geoscience literature since the early 1800's.
CanGeoRef includes more than 220,000 bibliographic references on Canada.
References contain complete bibliographic information and URLs for documents published on the web. Thorough indexing, based on the controlled vocabulary found in the GeoRef Thesaurus, is included. Specific geographic locations are listed as place names, and, for principal locations, latitude and longitude are provided. The database is updated on a weekly basis.
The coverage of CanGeoRef includes journal articles, books, maps, reports, theses and conference proceedings.
Documents in CanGeoRef are primarily related to geology. The following general categories are covered:
- Geochemistry (isotopes, hydrochemistry)
- Geochronology (includes radiometric and relative age determination)
- Petrology (includes igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks)
- Paleontology (includes invertebrates, vertebrates, plants)
- Geologic Maps
- Geophysics (includes geophysical surveys, well-logging, seismology)
- Hydrogeology (includes ground water and hydrologic cycle)
- Environmental Science (includes soil and water pollution, reclamation)
- Economic Geology (includes metals, industrial minerals, petroleum, mining)
- Engineering Geology
All documents are indexed using the GeoRef controlled vocabulary. The vocabulary is available in printed form in the GeoRef Thesaurus and the systematic vocabulary terms are available online as hierarchical lists.
Usage stats are available upon request. Please contact the vendor directly. Contact information can be found in the Vendors directory in ERMA.