This resource used to be called RxTx, but the vendor changed its name to CPS in March 2021. It has all the same content; it just has a new name and look.
CPS Full access (formerly known as RxTx3)
"Canada's authoritative source for prescribing and managing drug therapy at the point of care, providing health care professionals with online access to evidence-based, reliable Canadian drug and therapeutic information." It includes online access to:
- eCPS (Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties)
- CTC (Compendium of Therapeutic Choices)
- CPMA (Compendium of Products for Minor Ailments)
- CTMA (Compendium of Therapeutics for Minor Ailments)
The subscription also includes access to the RxTx mobile app. The mobile app features:
- Access to thousands of Health Canada–approved monographs.
- CPhA evidence based, peer-reviewed monographs covering more than 300 drugs, including valuable guidance on off-label uses.
- Health Canada advisories and alerts posted within 48 hours of issue.
- Up to date information – CPhA’s team of experts continuously scan the Canadian drug information landscape for new drugs, new evidence on existing drugs and drug products, and critical safety updates.
- Content available both on and off-line.
RxTx3 is available in either English or French.
Please consult the User Guide for more information on use of the platform.
The vendor has provided stanza to assist with EZproxy configuration:
Title Canadian Pharmacists Association CPS
URL -Form=post -RewriteHost host https://cps.pharmacists.ca
Not compatible with the IMS LTI standard.
1. Request directly from vendor contact. Please find contact information in the Vendors directory.
2. Login to the online portal: visit the CPS site and select "Statistics" at the bottom of the page. When prompted, enter the OCLS password (password: oclsstats). See attached PDF for detailed instructions.