Films on Demand
From the vendor:
Subscribe to Films On Demand and give faculty and students instant access to thousands of programs neatly grouped into convenient subject-specific categories. The Master Academic and Master Technical collections provide the ultimate in coverage and are an outstanding value for
- Easy Access 24/7: Save yourself time-and your institution money-with the Films On Demand streaming video subscription collections. With unlimited access to thousands of videos and video clips, these complete, multi-subject video solutions are an exceptional value and offer convenient one-stop shopping for librarians, faculty, and educators. Each full-length video has been segmented into predefined clips, making it easy to find specific pieces of content quickly.
- Superior Video Quality: All videos provide a wide range of bit rates (200k-1.5mb) to ensure high quality viewing in variable bandwidth environments. Even at full-screen, the video quality is outstanding.
- New Content Added Regularly: Your subscription is kept fresh and continues growing, with approximately 800 new titles added each year, making Films On Demand an incredible value for any institution.
- The World's Best Producers: Outstanding content from Films for the Humanities & Sciences, ABC News, NBC News, PBS, National Geographic, The News Hour with Jim Lehrer, Bill Moyers, Shopware, The Open University, A&E, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Fred Friendly Seminars, Cambridge Educational, and many more
The following collections and subcollections are available:
- Master Academic Collection
- Master Career & Technical Education Collection
- Nursing Collection
- World Cinema Collection
- Physical Therapy Collection
- Veterinary Collection
- Allied Health Collection
Login through http://admin.films.com/ to get to the Administration Portal. Please contact the vendor if you do not have your administrative credentials or if you have any questions about usage stats. Contact information can be found in the Vendors directory in ERMA. Reports are in COUNTER format, but are not compliant with latest release.
With the new admin portal, New COUNTER 4.0 and 5.0 reporting with SUSHI exporting for all infobase resources, plus choice reports is now available. The new admin portal is released and will include new COUNTER 5 reporting and SUSHI compliance.