Oxford UP Online Resources
This resource used to be called "Oxford UP Top Ten". It was changed to "Online Resources" in May 2018.
OCLS participates in a consortial offer for many of these products through ConCan.
The OUP products currently covered by the Consortia Canada licence include:
- African American Studies Center (AASC)
- American National Biography Online (ANB)
- Benezit Dictionary of Artists (BDA)
- Dictionary of National Biography (DNB)
- Electronic Enlightenment (EE)
- Grove Art Online (GAO) - aka Oxford Art Online
- Grove Music Online (GMO) - aka Oxford Music Online
- Oxford Bibliographies Online (OBO)
- Oxford Dictionaries Online (ODO)
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED)
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online (OISO)
- Oxford Handbooks Online (OHO)
- Oxford History of Western Music (OHWM)
- Oxford Reference Online (ORO)
- Oxford Research Encyclopedia (ORE)
- University Press Scholarship Online / Oxford Scholarship Online (UPSO/OSO)
- Very Short Introductions (VSI)
- Who's Who and Who Was Who (WWWO, WWWHO)
Oxford Dictionaries merges two previously separate products: Oxford Dictionaries Online and Oxford Language Dictionaries Online. Several different collections exist for subscription. Collections can be subscribed to individually or together.
Oxford Reference Online
The main subscription to content on the Oxford Reference Online (the platform) is now called Oxford Reference Premium. The smaller product, Oxford Quick Reference, is no longer available. A complete title list for Oxford Reference Online is available in the “Title Lists” section below.
Two collections that used to be add-on's to Oxford Reference Premium subscription has been added at no additional cost. The two collections added to Oxford Reference Premium are:
- Western Civilization Collection
- Literature Collection
Oxford Reference Library
The Oxford Reference Library replaces the Digital Reference Shelf (DRS) and allows reference titles to be purchased on a perpetual access basis and integrated into the Oxford Reference Online platform.
Several handbook collections are available.
- Business and Management
- Economics and Finance
Oxford University Press web interfaces.
Oxford Reference Online
Not all of the content indexed in the ORO platform is accessible to all subscribers. By default, users may encounter "padlocked" content in their search results. Subscribers have the option of hiding non-subscribed content by requesting that the "full text only" filter is applied to their account.
Please contact the vendor directly for assistance. Technical contact information can be found in the Vendors directory in ERMA.
MARC21 records are available for all complete Handbooks titles. They are AARC2 or RDA, SACO and NACO compliant. To download MARC records visit the vendors website https://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/page/marc-records/
Stats are compliant with COUNTER Release 4 as of December 31st, 2013.
- Login to Oxford University Press Subscriber Services with your institutional credentials.
- Click on the Reports menu to the left. Click on "COUNTER" and then "View COUNTER reports."
For more information, please see the PDF and link below. Please contact OUP tech support directly for assistance. Contact information can be found in the Vendors directory in ERMA under OCLC.