Teen Health & Wellness
From the vendor:
Now fully updated with a fresh, new look and feel, the critically acclaimed, award-winning resource Teen Health & Wellness provides middle and high school students with nonjudgmental, straightforward, curricular and self-help support, aligned to state, national, and provincial standards. Topics include diseases, drugs and alcohol, nutrition, mental health, suicide and bullying, green living, LGBTQ issues, and more.
All content in Teen Health & Wellness is created for teens with their unique concerns and perspective in mind. Information throughout is presented using a sensitive, respectful, and age-appropriate approach. Teen-friendly articles makes complex topics understandable. They also give insight into the teen experience—crucial for parents, teachers, librarians, therapists, and others who are a part of teens’ lives and support them.
The database draws on Rosen’s award-winning series, including Coping, Need to Know, Teen Mental Health, and others. Through a rigorous editorial process, all content is thoroughly revised and updated for online use.
To ensure its accuracy and relevance, all content is reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis. Our standards of editorial integrity mandate that each entry includes the date it was last updated or reviewed.
In addition, all content strives to be inclusive in terms of race, sex, religion, economic status, and other teen experiences.
All content is reviewed by leading professionals in medicine, mental health, nutrition, guidance, and career counseling.
New Features That Librarians, Educators, and Teens Expect
- New look: redesigned throughout
- More relevant than ever: New articles on FGC, gender identity, human trafficking, and stalking
- For teens, by teens: Digital storytelling opportunities for teens including personal stories and video PSAs
- All learners read and succeed: With text-to-speech, readers can select: male/female voice, 3 speeds, highlighting by word/sentence/both, text color, enhanced text visibility, and download articles as audio files!
- Instant translation into 100 languages, including Spanish, French, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Korean, and more
- A true community resource: A customizable hotlines page for local community resources
- Free Teen Hotlines mobile app for 24/7 access to teen hotlines, helplines, and websites on iOS devices and Android tablets
- Calculators for personalized tips and information on Body Mass Index, Blood Alcohol Content, Budgets, and more
- Tools to make your job easier: An extensive array of Librarian/Educator Resources help you get the most out of your database subscription, from program ideas and promotional materials to curriculum correlations and training tools
- Single Sign-On available via Google SSO and Clever
- Take us with you: Consistent user experience across computers, tablets, and mobile devices. Our free, newly designed Teen Hotlines app is available for iOS, Android, and Kindle!
Login to the vendor's Account Management System with your administrative credentials by clicking on the "Log in" link on the vendor's Usage Statistics page. Please contact the vendor directly for assistance. Contact information can be found in the Vendors directory in ERMA.